Wednesday 27 April 2016

Rose Fall

Roses are red, violets are blue; the centre of my world begins and ends with you. Here is where I began in a garden of red roses, somehow all of them still fair in the autumn. Autumn rain where roses fall sliding down the wall called Rose Fall in The Garden of Eve, a green path of grass, with trees filling up the landscape; trees that grew up to the sky and back showering the grassy land with roses. It's here this tale began in the autumn as the rose fell in The Garden of Eve.  I walked and as I walked I came by a mirror framed with gold. This mirror was unlike most, showing me a vision rather than a reflection only this vision began with a blinding light.

What did you see, a man, a beast, a god? No it was only a boy I replied. A boy with wings I added.

Hazelnut eyes, the kind that turn red in the sunlight. Brown curly hair, tanned skin and bronze wings. A demon or a boy I know not instead I look into his eyes both curious and entranced. As only few do he told me that he loved me, ,uttering sweet words with every kiss, a sensation, such as I have never felt before.
                 You can have my heart I said with a kiss and he smiled.

Was I drunk or was I just dreaming about the boy with hazel brown and red? Hazel, brown and red, the colours that took my eyes and in exchange I gave him my heart. Now everything seemed to swirl around me, I could see without seeing, dream without dreaming and feel without feeling. In that moment of it all I started to wonder as I drained from breath was I right to be wrong? Autumn was done though and spring came; it was back to the mirror I saw not just the mirror but a red rose that lay beneath it.

What did you see, a man, a beast, a god?
They were only a boy, here and there but a dream


Brown dry hair and blue eyes, almost the kind of eyes that aren't human; safe and secure. Once more I was lured in not just by their eyes but their way of moving. An embrace I felt safe and with words I drifted away to a place I knew not. You have my heart  I told him but as soon as I said it darkness fell and dragged me back, smashing my head upon the ground.

Gasping for air, clawing at the muddy ground and the ever changing shadows that haunted me. As I stood I saw no mirror just the eerie garden, sending chills down my spine. I froze. A shiver ran down my back and I turned slowly to face Rose Fall only to see blood streaking down the wall and as I saw it I stood in horror. Once more my world spun only this time I felt too much, saw too much, heard too much. It was in that moment I fell once more.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I saw blood dripping and the sky turned dark blue

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
It rained on my parade and now I think I'm... doomed.





No comments:

Post a Comment