Saturday 4 October 2014

Find Me

My Notes

Hey all,

It's been a hmm...lets just say 'short' while since I've attempted to write anything these days, other than some more drafts for some more upcoming posts (yay), this is due to college work and other things that just sort of happened. Otherwise expect some more posts when they next happen until then I'll leave you with my new piece which I named 'Find Me' (you'll see the reason for that when you read it), besides that this particular piece is very vivid, without much clarity on it in my personal opinion but please let me know if you think otherwise or discover something else when you read it. As always feel free to comment, recommend, spread the word and... (well you get the idea just read, comment and publicise this blog really).
Enjoy One And All
Cya!
;)


My hand latched onto the door handle, I twisted it and pushed he door open, a breath of fresh air greeted me and I turned back into the darkness of the room that once captured me. A pause took me, it lasted about a second and then I slowly shut the door behind me, turning back round to the faint street lights and started walking. The night was cold, the tiniest of lights beamed down from the cryptic stars above that sparkled way up there in the night's air above me as if a light, however small, that was leading me a way through the darkness and it was in a way, in the same way that the moon ran it's threads down the lined corner streets that I walked upon. Grey buildings  rose down every street that I walked upon, dark and narrow alleyways peering at me as I passed them, among them darkening shadows fell from the buildings and street lights  that I passed plunging me further and further into the cold darkness as I passed through their shadow but then a street light would glimpse me or the moon's misty rays  would pick me out of the darkness and then I'd be revived into the light again. I walked with my hands in my hands dug into the pockets of my leather jacket through the solitary streets hearing nothing but almost jumping at every turn, with every shadow and every faint corner of  someone's cat that just so happened to walk by. I glanced around to, at every street light, to somebody's house, into the shadows and high above, I glanced everywhere expectant to hear something to break into the silence but there was nothing and no one; just  the silence. I was scared. No one was meant to be out this late, no one or so they tell us but I was, even though I shouldn't be and  even though he was out here as well somewhere. I shouldn't be here but I was and as I walked doubts filled me, fear tingled me. I shouldn't be here I thought to myself, repeating those words over and over again to myself or rather doubt it's self thought those words to me and I figured that they were right, I mean I shouldn't actually be here in the first place, I could of just turned back but then my eyes locked on a sign up ahead with writing on it saying THE DEN and by then I just knew. There was no going back, not now that I've already come too far.


Taking one small step towards the edge of the street I stopped, out of instinct turning both ways before crossing, heading towards the narrow alleyway between the back of the buildings one of which had the white sign with black bold writing saying 'THE DEN' on it. Unlike most of the alleyways that I had past this one wasn't so dark because of the moon's rays that shone against the wall and in certain places of the pavement all leading down towards a single door at the end of the alley, two parell fences of barbed wire trailing along the closest part of the wall near the door, the only part that just so happened to be just about the only opening that broke both the wall and the tiny corner that shaded the grey door. Slowly I approached the door slightly glancing through the opening which viewed a shadowy field and then back again to the door and then I stopped. Pushing myself back up against the wall I waited 5 minutes before the itch of my back forced me back into a stand. The pacing started then. He should be here already but he wasn't, something must be wrong, it had to be...
Hello I thought only this this time not to myself but to someone else, the only other person that should already be here. I heard nothing back so I turned to the door, stretching my hand out towards the door's handle.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you." Someone said from behind me and that's when I turned to face him just as he stepped out of nowhere smiling.
"It's just a door." I said looking at him as I spoke. He wore the same ripped grey jeans and a black T-shirt today, with white soundless trainers, his dark hair a mess as always but his hazel eyes glimmering in the moon light.
"Still." He said, his smile almost fading but the intent was still there from the sideways glance that he gave the door.
"It's just a door." I told him, my hand still stretched out inches away from the door handle.
It's not that but what's behind the door that matters he told me, his voice coming within the depths my mind, his words echoing still.
I know I answered him glancing around as to avoid his eyes that watched me before then slipping my back into my jacket pocket.
"I didn't think you'd come." I told him glancing back at him. I know he told me.
"I'm here now though." He told me and then smiled and I smiled with him.















No comments:

Post a Comment