Thursday 30 October 2014

Destiny

The girl walked and then she stopped, standing frozen as she stared out towards the white wall and the wooden cross that hung on it, a cross that seemed to be staring back at her smiling. Breath, she thought to herself, taking another step and then breathing, taking yet another step and then breathing, breathing, breathing, slow and steady breaths as she slowly made her ways towards the wall with the cross. Breathing once more she knelt, bowing her head before she done so because she knew that she would be safe and that here, out of any place in the world, He would hear her. Head bowed she closed her eyes and prayed; praying about the world, her family, her loved ones and then herself. The girl even thanked Him for all that He was doing in her life and all that He was going to do and in the soundness of it all she contemplated. It was a contemplation that He would pick her for such a time as this, to fulfil His purpose for her.

Somewhere else....

Sitting wide eyed sleep overcame me, I could've fallen asleep at any moment but I didn't; despite the cries of my fellow students chatting, shouting and craving the attention of a rather enthusiastic teacher. The teacher wondered around the room hastily attending their every whim while all I done was sit, scribbling on the blank paper filled with numbers that got given to me and was now laid out upon the pale desk in front of me. All I saw were numbers, an estranged sequence of numbers that meant nothing to me so my mind went blank and as my mind went blank my eyes wondered and for a moment I faded into an invisible presence yet I was still there. I found myself glancing upon the friendly and the new faces that were passing the room, a lover's caring face among them, his eyes fixated with absolute characterised concentration upon the jumbled numbers that he was currently attempting to work out. My eyes stayed on him for seconds before glancing over to my right where another few faces batted his wide eyes towards the teacher and all the while I wondered how fragile and ladylike that new face was (well, for a boy that is). However I only spared a second on him before my eyes found the distant horizon beyond the white building that concealed it. Trees stood there, however few but so many in the joy of it all I saw the green and I saw the vines that sprouted up from them and I could just imagine who might live amongst those trees if not for the polluted air and the buildings that drove the wildlife away. In it's beauty I pondered a wondering song and I saw what it could've been from what it was then. A field of green trees just reaching, lifting up into  the air like the way most do when our Father enters the room and we reach out to him. There was something about those trees in the distant treeline that made me think of home and as I thought of home I was in a trance, captivated and fascinated that very soon one day that I'll be there soon. Now I stayed for a second before the frozen time melted away and the moment was ended. For now at least I saw and I remembered a place not far from here but dear to my heart.


Somewhere else, somewhere there but it's not there. Somewhere that is there in me and there in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment