Wednesday 16 December 2015

The Colour Red

The clouds were grey upon a burning red sunset...only thing was there was no sun to be in sight, just the grey powerful clouds, the fiery red and black vortex sky and golden lightening that thundered the entire sky, shaking the ground that I stood on. Upon the verge of the jagged  cliff I stood gasping at the darkening depths below, the air drowning my hearing so that even my mind become ominous to the shrieking thunder that consumed every thought in me, every sound that would've been heard. The thunder struck again, again and again, holding no end to it's destruction as it's sharp teeth bite into the mountains, making mountains fall, spontaneous fires appear out of nowhere but everywhere the sound of the piercing thunder struck. There was no escape, not in the world where I stood wasted, devastation and pain was all I felt as if I stood inches away from the boiling sun, as it's rays burnt through my skin, burning my eyes until all I could see was blood. So much blood tarred the skies, raining blood falling everywhere and anywhere, upon my face, upon the sky and down my eyelids as I looked on in horror. Maybe I was bleeding a rain of blood to? Maybe the iron taste of blood was all I could ever sought in this place of death to satisfy my empty soul? This was death for me, a horror of the worst never-ending nightmare repeating its self but it wouldn't stop, I could no longer control this. Not any more. Not ever. This nightmare, this hell controlled me and all I could do was stand here and watch, waiting for what would be my death. Death by lightning or death by falling, falling, falling down into the depths unknown, into the darkness that awaited me down below. I saw both my deaths, my fall and my rise to a life like this; in a place like this. Gasping I looked towards the skies, watching as the thunder drew closer and closer towards me. Gasping again I glanced back down to the pits of the darkness. It was do or die but then again I will die to do anything anyway. Dammed if I could and dammed if I could not. The world swirled around me, as if I were encased in a dance of fire, flames appearing all around me and within it all every breath of me was lost from the thunder above. This was it. This was the end, for me and what was left of this broken vessel that I became. Broken, torn up in a world made by me and my own bleeding soul. I let out a breath, let out a bloody tear and in the last moments that became of it all I moved, ran and fell just as the lightning tried to catch me, grab at me with it's sharp teeth. I fell, fell, fell into darkness, into nothingness until I was gone. 



What was this? Did I find Hell whilst looking for Heaven? Or was I fated to be in Hell for all eternity to perish, slowly as I lose my mind, as I lose myself. Somehow I saw myself in the dark, pale faced, black eyes and red tears scaring my face. In a world of my own I was its own demon. I was it's own monster. I was it's own end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment