Wednesday 16 December 2015

Dark Pride


Page 1
I should've known better
Than to ever
Look to heaven questioning
Whether I've found it
I'm stuck in this dead end

And all these words, they come too late
 You could never compensate
 For this pain

I should've said it all when I was close to you
 Like I was supposed to do

I'm stumbling through this life with no sight
It's too late
 The hands of fate
 Oh the hands of fate yea
 Just won't wait
 No, it just won't wait

Help me change

It's too late
 The hands of fate
 Just won't wait
 No, it just won't wait

The pained change took over
I don't know if you know who you are until you lose who you are.
Would things be easier if there was a right way?
There is no right way.
The dark caress of someone else
To somehow escape the burning weight, the art of scraping through,
 Some like to imagine,
God knows I fall in love just a little

I just thought, how can the devil be pulling you toward someone who looks so much like an angel when he smiles at you?

No apologies. He'll never see you cry,
 Pretends he doesn't know that he's the reason why.
 You're drowning, you're drowning, and you’re drowning.
 Now I heard you moved on from whispers on the street
 A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be
I see.

I knew you were trouble when you walked in
You put me down
Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep
I feel something so right by doing the wrong thing
Everything that kills me makes me feel alive
Watch it burn.

Backfire
I don't want to remember it all
 The promises I made if you just hold on
I just need enough of you to dull the pain
I could just die laughing on your spiral of shame
I only appeared so I can fade away
I scream
And there's a jet black crow droning on and on and on
 Up above our heads droning on and on and on
 Hit it never quit it I have been through the wreck
I keep going to the river to pray
 'Cause I need something that can wash out the pain
 And at most I'm sleeping all these demons away
The ghost keeps me awake
Your cold heart makes my spirit shake

It’s still burning

No comments:

Post a Comment