Thursday 1 October 2015

When There Was You and I

Today is the 1st October, tomorrow will be the 2nd October, the day where so much of him is rolled just into a single day. 2nd October was the day that my life began. The strange boy with the hazel eyes, brown curly hair, those eyes that fill you up with a single glance, the hair that he had to flick away from his eyes. I remember the first time that I saw him, we were the last ones to put our names down for what  course that we wanted to be in. He was wearing a grey and dark hood on, I saw that he wrote his name before me on a piece of paper that we had to write our names down for classes and I thought he'd left when I saw him leave but I was wrong. After briefly speaking to the teachers he was still there in the corridor holding the door open. I left the building but then I had the feeling that he was following me because we were going the same way, I panicked and walked really fast until I finally lost him. Before that I remember that he was hanging around me and some others people that I met a lot, I remember telling him a joke of me being a girl and wanting to prove it and how he found that so funny.


The first day back in college I remember well. It was a new course for me, I didn't know anyone but I met Beth and Elliott at first and then the strange boy again from before. I remember going into the a hall for a lecture from some guy with them, I was sitting next to Beth talking about how we both had glasses on, Elliott was sat on the other side of Beth and at the very end was the strange boy. I remember me, Elliott, Beth and another person called Issac all sitting in a cafeteria that was American themed debating with Elliott about how he knew about inappropriate websites through a friend. Back then me and this strange boy were so close but I don't remember any specifics. What I do remember is getting the tour around college and myself, Beth and this strange boy all talking about strange occurrences. I remember the strange boy talking about a dark side of themselves and I remember giving the strange boy a massage and my heart literally skipping a beat when he told me that he was thinking about me to because a day ago from that moment, as he was calming me down I was contemplating an old love and then I thought about him; in tears. Thinking back on it now the flashes of walking to the bus stop with the strange boy, snuggling with them, sitting on their lap, talking to them about my obsessions, his AMAZING hugs but you want to know what I remember the most? It's the moment that he asked me out. He wore his black and red jacket then, a friend of mine called Ash and Beth running to catch the bus but the strange boy stayed behind walking calmly to the bus stop with me. We sat down facing a building, the skies were beautiful. He said that he thinks that he loves me, I said it back and at this point he got all adorably nervous about asking me out so I encouraged him. He asked me out and I said yes and we went to Burger King on a 'date' and he had a bigger burger than I had.I even remember telling him about my dad and how he has strong muscles. That day he was late for his next bus and my sister called to see if I was coming home but at the end of the day it didn't matter because I had him and we had each other back when I was him.



Back when, each night I could only think about him. Back when everything came running to me all in one. I remember it all, every second, every glance, every kiss, every warm embrace that me and this boy shared. For me this was a memory, one sweet memory that I will not forget. They're the one person I can't forget, I won't forget, the one person that means so much to me despite the bad, even their voice is memorable. Thinking about it now I know that I'd do anything for them, be there when they need me to be like I'm supposed to do; like I want to do. At the end of it all time heals, time forgets the bad and brings only the good. Things have changed, life goes on but one thing remains. Hope. So I will remember and so I'll never forget, the strange boy who stole my heart; the one who makes me smile again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment