Wednesday 9 August 2017

Different Ways



My anger flared. I couldn't take it anymore, I'd had enough. She walked past me almost zombie like, her previous idle wave at me with those dead stone green eyes. I hated it but despite it all I somehow seemed to keep my anger in check. I was not her friend, I was anything but her friend and just because I just so happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time certainly doesn't mean I will not stop acknowledging her existence. Somehow it didn't bother me as much as I would have thought that senseless rage finally became cold. As if a shadow had passed over me, much like the shadow I had become for months now. I'd been slipping around each corner, using my back routes, avoiding people all for the sake of becoming the shadow I near enough felt all the time. Never seen, never heard, barely even worth a once over. As conspicuous as ever, that's the life that I live now; where not a single place is safe, at least not anymore. I remember a time it wasn't always like this, a time where it was safe to go anywhere without being cornered by the very thing that makes this place unsafe. Obscured morale people. The similar tugging of caution beckoned me as I down, the same caution that warily warned me about the door where the obscurities were. This time I ignored it and let my mind drift into nothingness.


I remember...I remember a time it was safe I thought sadly sinking into the stillness of the rare blank page that struck my very mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment