Sunday 9 August 2015

Remebering

As I close my eyes I tried to remember the air of the ocean filling my lungs with it's saltiness, I tried to remember the colour filled scenery, the golden sand and baby blue ocean, a picture of perfection against the shore. I even tried to remember the pink clouds drifting in the moon light sky. I tried to remember the voice of the ocean echoing it's faintly sweet song as it sighed to and fro across the perfect sand, I tried listening in to the laughter of birds, the joyful cries of the mer below. Standing here grey rain clouds entangled themselves around me and it was cold, the air was dank with the stench of rotting fruit that lay spoiled in the murky grass. One could only dream and remember what was but the truth of this was that this was reality for me now, now matter how much I longed for my better life; a better life...my home. A tear ran down my cheek.
"Remember." A voice told me and that's when I turned to find a tall lean boy with autumn blue eyes and blond messy hair. I knew this boy and now he stood before me, fully dressed, for once, wearing a navy blue blazer, a red scarf which covered whatever top that he wore underneath which would've been visible and black trousers. As per usual he wore cream sandals instead of the ordinary shoe.
"I've tired everything to remember but nothing is working!" I told him with tears filling my eyes.
"Hey..." The boy started to say to me stepping close to me as he pulled me in his arms.
"...everything is going to be okay. I promise." He continued to say pushing me away slightly as his hands touched my cheeks and his thumbs whipped my tears away.
"...but how can you be sure?" I asked gazing up into his eyes.
"Hey it's me and you know me we'll find a way for you to remember again I'm sure of it." The boy said smiling.
"Okay." I said, falling back into his arms again.
"Okay." The boy repeated as he held me in his warm embrace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment