Tuesday 17 February 2015

Sun Rays and Starlight

My Notes

 This one is for him!

I sat upon the very top of the swing watching the birds as they went by, watching the sunset rise and the evening sky a blur of diverse colours, all but everything but beautiful, reading the clouds and the sweet song like messages that were to me meant something (and still do). Resting both of my hands I held tightly onto the frozen iron that held the swing all together and I looked own, the wind beating on my chest as if to push me down but I never fell, my body too atuned to these type of circumstances to be bothered by it. Panic rose in me, reminding me of my fear of heights and falling onto the rough solid ground, so much so that my face throbbed as I gazed down below me, looking at how my feet hung a long way off the comfort and safety of the ground. I looked up. Relief took me then, taking all the panic away from me then and there in that moment I was lost in a founded joy that beckoned me. Memories of better days, a tear fell down my cheek, not a sorrow filled one but one that I would cherish, causing me to venture into the sight of it; the memory. I was there then. I remember this place, me and him used to come here when we were kids (even though we're both still kids as we all are in a way). We used to watch the skies together, reading them, counting the stars, just sitting and waiting on eternity to come on a day we knew not when so we waited. Sitting there in each other's company, his arm wrapped behind me we saw the world differently than all the rest, we saw every single Light that He put on this earth, we felt every single sense that there was and we thrived.

It's cold today, a brisk wind as cold as ice swaying  through the air but come night or day, rain or snow  I would always find a way back to this place, our special place. Everything is so much clearer here, everything that much simpler.
"Abigail." A voice called out from behind me and I had only but to turn my head ever so slightly to see that it was my sister who'd come out to see me. They looked cold, so was I once when I first came out here but I'd been outside for a whole that you don't actually feel the cold anymore but the warmth of the unseen Light that was reigning down over me. Fortunately only I saw and felt that Light and so would he to if he was here but he was elsewhere, venturing out there in the world I suppose but he'll be back; he always came back.
"Just a minute." I answered before climbing carefully off the swing, taking their hand as they left me through the dark, towards the beacon of artificial Light inside the  house. We reached the door and that's when I took that moment to turn back to towards the glorious Light breaking through the night's sky. Turning back I squinted and entered back into the house, back to the choas of it all but no matter what I'll always remember that Light and it will not be forgotten, not ever for until the end of time I will always remember that Light...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjGvBpgrwb8&index=6&list=PLIICrnu6aFdcWV8NJzy1AVzBGt-cMCU-e

No comments:

Post a Comment