Sunday 28 September 2014

Minute by Minute

"I can tell when people are upset." Clark said and I just looked at him.
"No you can't." I said.
"I think I can." He argued but I just shook my head, unbelieving the words that were coming out of his mouth as if they weren't possible and they weren't, not with me they weren't.
"You can't and  do you want to know why you can't?" I asked but I didn't wait for answer, not giving him time enough time to speak.
"Because I was the one that was upset; I was the one who was upset and you didn't even notice. I was the one who had been crying and you didn't even notice." I added, hot faced and angry, so angry that I almost cried but I didn't.
"I didn't know." He said trying to put his arm around me but I just swept if away.
"I don't like people lying to me." I said, getting up but pushing away his outstretched arms away from me as if it were hard enough to get up already without him clawing at me.
"I didn't know truly, I'm sorry but I would've seen, I normally do I..." He pleaded to me as I stood adjusting my one strap bag and lifting the strap to put it on my right shoulder. The bag was heavy but I didn't care, it wasn't as heavy as the burden that I had to bear now.
"Well that just goes to show, I hide stuff a lot better then you think I do." I told him turning to walk away.
"Then I'll keep on checking if you're alright." He said leaning over to grab my hand.
"Yeah, well maybe there won't be a next time." I told him tugging my arm free right before continuing to walk away.
"Wait, Lara!" He said but I just kept on walking but he just kept on shouting.
"Lara!" He screamed and I turned to see that he was up off the wooden bench that he was on, his bag slung over one shoulder and he was running.
"Lara!" He called and that's when I turned and ran, weaving myself through the crowd with tears flooding my eyes. Out of all my friends I thought that he was the genuine one, I thought that he was the real one but now I know that he was just a liar just like the rest of them. I ran, ran, ran, running as if hard as I can as fast as I can, the crowds lessening as I dodged their jumps, their murmurs and their fumbling feet that tried to stop as if they were all grabbing at me and they were just like he was somehow. Somehow I missed them, somehow I passed so many people yet still I ran. I was always good at running, my speed undeniable. I've always been at running away from things as well, heck I was always good at running out of situations just as much as I was when running into them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment