Monday 15 September 2014

Seeing, Believing and Watching The Many



I close my eyes and then I open them again in a blink that lasts only seconds before and I realize something. I sit there motionless for a while and for a moment it’s like time has literally stopped whilst I morph my way into the crowd. The crowd never notice me but as I watch them I observe, the clustered groups both in and out of the almost vacant white space. Some are by the single pool table a little further away from me, there are those that are hidden in huddled groups in seats and are like me, almost unseen and almost unnoticed. Then there are others who wondered, chatting, laughing, smirking their way through the questions, answers and statements that is and always will be a conversation. Finally, I see one from amongst the crowd just slipping by at the prĂ©cised moments, passing through one single person to another and from one type of group to another and as I watch I can't help but stand in awe and wonder about how this could be. I mean how can it be; how can it even be possible that they can switch from one group and to another without fault? It's as if perfection in word turned from just a word to sight if not three times than only just once. As I watch the crowd I close my eyes and I can see my home, I can see the place that I long for and urge fro and is always seen by hope, by a prayer and in the words that is written. When I lose my eyes I can see but when I open my eyes all that I can see are the crowds of people and I realize something; something that I've always realized but was only just brought out now. They don't know, they truly don't know and why would they because they're story hasn't been written yet, because they're not part of that story. That is what I've realized and that is what I see and within that moment time starts again. I blink, I can see and when I open my eyes again I observe. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment